Men Caring for Women (MCW) – is Manila Doctors’ advocacy and resource generating program, spearheaded by the male officers of the hospital, focusing on three major women-related issues – Human trafficking (HT), violence against women and children (VAWC), and cervical cancer.
The specific objectives of the program include:
- To contribute in the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality and Sustainable Development Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being.
- To contribute in the Philippine’s commitment to CEDAW and Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
- To raise additional funds for the laboratory fees of economically-challenged women beneficiaries of Manila Doctors’ WE SHOUT program (Women Empowerment through Surgical Help for Ovarian and Uterine Tumors). WE SHOUT provides free surgery for women suffering from gynecological programs.
- To help raise awareness amongst men and women about Cervical Cancer which is the second highest cancerkiller among women in the Philippines.
- To increase the awareness of the public about the issues of Violence against Women and Children and Human Trafficking.
- To raise additional funds for the training of volunteer lawyers handling Violence against Women and Children and Human Trafficking cases.
Visit our page: http://www.facebook.com/mencaringforwomen
SEE OTHER PROGRAMS