|Sunday, 19 May 2013
Jump to a Section
Allied Medical Services
Industrial Medical Services Department
- Attending Physicians
Monday to Friday – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday – 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Ma. Socorro M. Garcia, MD
- Trunk line: 524-3011
- Extension numbers:
- Direct line: 528-8140
- Telefax: 525-6623
- PRE-ENROLLMENT MEDICAL EXAMINATION: This examination is provided for students seeking health review prior to enrollment.
- LOCAL PRE-EMPLOYMENT MEDICAL EXAMINATION: This examination is provided for patients prior to local employment.
- OVERSEAS MEDICAL EXAMINATION: This examination is provided for patients prior to overseas employment/ travel / residency.
- PRE-DEPLOYMENT MEDICAL EXAMINATION: This examination is provided for sea-based, land base patients 24 hours prior to departure.
- EXECUTIVE CHECK-UP: This is the medical examination for patient’s seeking general medical check-up.
- CONSULTATION: This refers to the assessment of patients’ health status.
- REPATRIATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION: This examination is provided for Overseas Filipino Workers being sick or ill within their working contract and referred back to the country.
- IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION: This examination is provided for immigrants prior to their stay in the country.
- DENTAL EXAMINATION: This refers to the examination of patients’ teeth and gums.
- DIAGNOSTIC WORK-UP: This refers to the investigative procedures that help in diagnosing ill patients.
- DIRECT OBSERVATION TREATMENT SHORT-COURSE (DOTS): This refers to the program that provides health assessment treatment to patients with Pulmonary Tuberculosis.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAMINATION: This refers to the assessment of the psychological state and behavior of a patient.
- RETAINER SERVICE: This is the service rendered by the IMSD to requesting client companies by providing clinic service or assistance.
- TREATMENT: This refers to the management of the ill patients.
In 1954, Manila Doctors Hospital (MDH) guided by the philosophy that “all persons, principally the working class, are entitled to the best available medical services at the price they can afford” launched the Industrial Medical Services Department (IMSD) also known as Prepaid Health Services. The department provides services for pre-employment physical examinations of applicant, annual health examinations of employees and executive check-up services for client companies. IMSD also offers medical and nursing retainer services.
IMSD services has since expanded and offers pre-employment and pre-deployment examinations and repatriation services for Overseas Contract Workers (OCW), HMO and Walk-in consultations, dental services, psychological examinations and blood donor screening services. Through its continuous and relentless effort to improve the services, the department recently was able to offer five (5) Out-Patient Executive Check-up packages, which includes woman care program, to various client companies and walk-in patients.
The department in its new location at the ground floor of the Ancillary Services Center Building will continuously strive for improvement in giving the best possible quality health care it can offer to the clients and as well as keeping competence in the fast changing needs of today’s customers, steered by the philosophy behind its creation and the hospital’s vision and missions.
Doctors and Specialties
Back to top
- Dr. Ma. Socorro M. Garcia – Chairman / Head of the Department
- Dr. Alyssa Laurel-Calderon
- Dr. Andrew Ang
- Dr. Cecilio P. Diomampo
- Dr. Joy Ellen Buela-Barrameda
- Dr. Ma. Zenaida Arce-Lim
- Dr. Malaya Capulong
- Dr. Michael Tom J. Arago
- Dr. Nestor L. Arrojado
- Dr. Rosemarie Maranan-Jacinto
- Ms. Margery G. Ruelos
- Mr. Restituto B. De Guzman
- Mr. Lee Evans H. Bonquin
- Mr. Marvin S. Samson
- Mr. Joseph Noel A. De Leon
- Mr. Emmanuel N. Solas
- Ms. Melanie M. Eugenio
- Ms. Fatima V. Secades
- Ms. Zainab P. Mahbouby
- Dr. Ronaldo Vergara
- Dr. Victoria Vergara
- Accredited by Philippine Council on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (PCAHO) since 2001.
- Accredited and certified with commendation by Philippine Council on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (PCAHO) in year 2003.
- Accredited and certified with commendation by Philippine Council on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (PCAHO) in year 2005.
- Health Screening Services
- Local Pre-employment Medical Examination
- Annual Medical Examination
- Overseas Medical Examination
- Land based
- Sea based
- Pre-employment Examination
- Pre-enrollment Medical Examination
- Pre-deployment Medical Examination
- Immigration Medical Examination
- Repatriation Medical Examination
- Executive Check-up Medical Examination
- Resolution of Health Problems
- Diagnostic Work-up Services
- Special Health Services
- DOTS Medical Services
IMSD Accredited Companies:
- American President Lines
- Chevron Philippines
- Federal Homes / Federal Land
- First Metro Investment Corporation
- General Electric Philippines
- Maersk Filipinas
- Manila Doctors College
- MBTC Technology, Incorporated
- Metrobank Foundation
- Royal Danish Consulate General
- Saudi Arabian Airlines
- Shell Philippines (Makati)
- South Supermarket
- Thomas Cook / Travelex
IMSD is accredited by the following countries:
- United States of America
IMSD Accredited Health Monitoring Organization (HMO):
- Accette Insurance Brokers, Inc.
- Insular Life Health Care, Inc. I-Care
- IMS Wealth Care
- St. Patrick Health Care System (SP CARE)
- International SOS
- Asian Life