Manila Doctors Hospital (MDH) is a premiere private tertiary hospital operating at 667 United Nations Avenue, Ermita, Manila, Philippines. It was founded in 1956 by a group of doctors, under the corporate name Manila Medical Services Inc. (MMSI). In 1979, Metrobank Foundation, Inc. (MBFI) acquired majority shares of MMSI.
Located along United Nations Avenue in the old business district of Metro Manila, which is also considered the tourist district of Manila, MDH is a stone’s throw away from Chinatown. It has entry and exit points on both United Nations Avenue and Teodoro M. Kalaw Avenue. Its T.M. Kalaw façade faces the Department of Tourism and the eastern side of Rizal Park.
MDH operates only in the Philippines, but it serves many international clients and plays an active role in promoting medical tourism in the country.
Vision and Mission
In 1979, Dr. George S.K. Ty, Group Chairman of the Metrobank Group and founder of the Metrobank Foundation, Inc. (MBFI), the parent company of Manila Doctors Hospital, envisioned MDH to become the leading center of excellence and wellness in the Philippines. His vision had MDH providing world-class holistic, quality, and safe patient care.
As such, in keeping with our goal to serve as a health and wellness center for all Filipino and international clients, MDH adheres to a three-fold mission:
- To operate a world-class hospital
- To undertake training and research programs to consistently improve quality services, as well as pave the way for medical breakthroughs
- To continuously pursue corporate social responsibility programs.
MDH Social Vision
- We are a health institution providing holistic care that exceeds industry standards and that anticipates and responds to the needs of the patients, their families and relevant communities.
- Driven by our determination to make healthcare accessible to the marginalized and the underserved, we consider it our ardent commitment to provide service that is guided by ethical standards and improve the healthcare delivery system with pronounced social impact. These establish Manila Doctors Hospital as a vital partner of the Department of Health, local government units and other like-minded institutions in empowering the communities and the public we serve to sustain health and wellness.
- We are engaged in heightening the consciousness and the participation of the public in targeted health and environment issues in the global community.
Our Corporate Objectives
- To provide health care services that meet the needs of:
- Clients or customers
- All pertinent statutory and regulatory requirements, and
- The expectations of MDH top management
- To conduct research that will continuously improve services
- To provide competent staff at all times
- To implement and continuously improve the quality management system
- To provide corporate social responsibility programs for the underprivileged and underserved in the community
Our Quality Policy
We at MDH commit ourselves to meet our stakeholders’ expectations by providing:
- Excellent performance in all services and authorized functions
- Effective and efficient health services, training, and research
- Patient-centered personnel, and
- Continuous improvement of services so as to achieve excellence in quality and safe health care
Our Core Values
MDH abides by these principles in its relationship with external stakeholders and the public:
- Social Responsibility